Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wait, how are you running?

It happened so quickly. From my knee to daddy's knee three feet away. Just a few teetering steps and it was done. The most momentous steps of my baby girl's life; she didn't know it, and I nearly missed it.

A few minutes later, it was coffee table to loveseat. And I still didn't have my camera at the ready. So then it was encouraging and enticing, and back and forth she went, and I got it on camera.

Fast forward a week and a half. Today I watched in awe as Mary toddled her way across the room, doing a funny cross between a strut and a hoedown. At what seemed to me to be breakneck speed. How can she be going so fast already? Wasn't it just a little while ago she was learning to roll over?

I think it's every mom's dilemma: wanting your baby to grow and learn, yet wanting them to stay small. I am just trying to cement these memories before the next big thing! Which, at this rate, is due any moment now.

No comments:

Post a Comment